Monday 30 July 2012

Handmade leather school bag for my daughter.

I have not posted an entry lately, but that does not mean that I have not been busy. Over the past two months I have had a lot going on in my life, however, with the little time I have had I have worked on a leather school bag for my daughter Jessie.

The bag is made completely of leather including the strap. I order to metal hardware from a number of different places and I used many different styles as inspiration. It took a while to final complete, however, the final result is something that I am very pleased with (and Jessie likes it too).

Well, here it is:

This is a picture of the front of the bag, which shows the front pocket, closures, handle and the adjustable slider on the strap. 

This picture shows the front of a bag a the strap. The strap is adjustable and is short enough to fit her now (she is 3) and extends to fit her as an adult). So, the hope is that she loves it and has it forever. 


This picture shows the plain back of the bag. I left the back plain to show that the back and the flap are all one piece. 

This pictures show a detailed close-up of the strap clasps. 


 Let me know what you think! Just incase anyone was thinking, "I would love one of those bags." My wife and mother-in-law have already put in orders, which should keep me busy until Xmas. ;)

Thanks for looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment