Sunday 29 April 2012

Leather Moleskine Notebook Cover


After doing a little research online, I found a project to attempt. I wanted to make a leather moleskine notebook cover. Moleskine notebooks are considered some of the best. So, I thought I would have a go at making a cover for one of their pocket notebooks. 


Here was my first attempt:

 




I really liked this leather and felt the cover turned out really nice. The only problem was that I made it too big. The cover would fit an A6 notebook, but moleskine notebooks are smaller. So, I had a second attempt.

Here is my second attempt: 



The second was made from an upcycled leather skirt. I used red felt for the interior because I like the mix of leather and felt and it gave the cover a little padding. I think the second turned out nice as well.

I am stilling going to continue to refine the cover until I have it just right, but at least I made a start.

Let me know what you think (if you want to).

No comments:

Post a Comment